Friday 1 January 2010

Spinning Wheel

Had a very nice day in Dorset on New Year's Eve.

Went to visit my friend Angie who kindly thrust a mug of coffee into one hand and dragged me off to the sitting room to unpack the wheel she has been kindly babysitting for me.

We - mostly Angie - put it together and I spent a while being patiently taught to spin and managed to, off and on, much to my astonishment.  Lots of chatting, very nice h/m soup for lunch and a trip to Lidl's later and I packed the Babe and some wool up and drove home .  I spent the evening trying to do spin on my own.  I managed a bit of plying, just out of curiosity and then got in a right mess.  I ended up carding some grey stuff which I got from Angie and tried spinning that; some worked but mostly no dice.  And the wheel squeaks where the treadle moves against a screw, which was driving dh mad - I think I have developed a lead foot LOL.  So I put everything on the dining room table to prevent the GG from attempting to either climb up it or dismantling it and I will leave it for a bit and have another go later.  Will need some more wool to practice with though.

Here is a pic of the new wheel on top of the table. The boxes in the corner are full of wool for feltmaking but I expect some of it will find its way through the orifice of the Babe......


1 comment:

  1. Attagirl!
    I didn't enjoy the Romney either. Try the Jacob's batt, that's a lot nicer!

    ReplyDelete