Saturday 9 January 2010

curtains,

The food has been put away and a length of curtain track installed in the kitchen, replacing the one that I broke.  Oh dear, there was I cobbling together curtains out of other curtains one evening and I get it into my head to hang one set up but could I get the track down?  No, and when I did, it turned out I'd been pushing the wrong way and broken all the little bits that hold the track to the window.  Dh was not very pleased with me.  However he duly replaced the broken track with a new one and some very bright curtains are now in the kitchen.  It has made a difference to the temperature, I think, but it has also made a difference to the kitchen which immediately looked smaller and cosier.  And a lot darker in daytime.  The very bright curtains were destined to supplement the sitting room curtains but when I spread them out somebody had taken a chunk right out of the middle, so I chopped them off to roughly kitchen window length.  If nothing else, it did make me tidy up the window sill a bit.

The other pair of curtains went into the back room, as they are more bedroomy.  I measured one and that was fine.  Took down the others, hung up the first of the new ones, then the second one.  Hang on, what's happened here?  One  long curtain and one short curtain.  By now I was getting seriously fed up so the long curtain has a huge hem on it and perhaps in the summer I will take them both down and shorten them properly; maybe line them if I get ambitious LOL.  The extra pair to put in the sitting room (which was the pair which came with the sitting room 20 years ago) is now waiting to go back into the sitting room.  Next will be a pole to go across the hall in front of the front door which is mega draughty despite the fancy addition of strips of plasticised table cloth stapled to the edge of the door.  It does help, but not enough.  By the time all this lot gets done, the weather will probably have warmed up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment