Sunday 17 January 2010

Farnham Maltings

Another pictureless post.  Well, I did take a couple of pictures but they were just a detail to remind me, sort of picture.

5 of us went and met 2 others at the Maltings - well I didn't actually see Libby, but she was there because she took Jane.  I did briefly meet Kate North, (courtesy of Jane Andreoli) who I once (or several times) bought a lot of books from and also seemed to win a few things at one stage when she was doing giveaways.  She was also instrumental in my acquiring a treadle machine.  Met another ex-member of the group most of used to belong to and had news of someone else.  And so it goes...  the place was packed and next year we will probably go later; don't know why we went so early.

I had taken a top with me to Antique Angel as I needed more fabric but they hadn't brought any of those lines with them, it being a 'sale', so the ladies said to telephone and discuss.  Hope I will be able to get hold of them before they close one evening this week.

Had a good look around at the exhibition upstairs but as it was lunchtime most demonstrators were having their lunch and not about.  We didn't win anything in the raffle in the afternoon, either.  I think the ladies read out just about every number that skirted our tickets, but not ours, LOL.  Still it was good fun and I did get some solids, or near solids, for my QU class. Once I found a stall with those, I just read out my list and the kind gent said  yea or nay, so it was quite a painless way to shop!  The trouble with going to the Maltings with a shopping list is that you don't often get what you want and one of the things I was after, and didn't get was fusible vilene.  Hope I can get some by next weekend from somewhere not too far away, but I finish late too much at the moment to be able to get into town.


Before I forget to mention it, and I did intend to earlier on - I bought Bren a calendar from The Book Depository and when she opened it, the stand was broken.  I had a short correspondence with the Customer Service people who refunded my money promptly  - stand up calendar being no good if it doesn't stand but also said we could keep the calendar - the pics are nice and are fine, it was just the stand. I don't suppose it was worth posting back if they would then have had to pay my postage, but still, it was a nice gesture. I was impressed with the promptness of their response and the speed of the refund.  I don't know if they were working from home as it was during that snowy period and I really wasn't expecting to hear from anyone for a while.  So, I was really pleased, although I use the company anyway and will continue to do so.

Tomorrow night, feltmaking and I will take my camera, because I have a couple of books for Bren and Janine will be bringing some from Germany. Wonder if we will actually make any felt?

No comments:

Post a Comment