Saturday 9 January 2010

Outings,

No pics and therefore probably not very exciting to some :

We had been visiting the local Co-op regularly to get some milk - no deliveries, predictably.  I did spend over an hour waiting in the shop with many others for an expected delivery and then got fed up with propping up a freezer and went home to cook dinner.  Good thing I did as the driver's tachograph had run out and there wasn't a delivery in the end.  The milk turned up eventually, I believe, the next day - the staff have a list of regulars and keep back one of whatever has been requested.  If that isn't service, I'd like to know what is.  Seriously, they are a lovely bunch and deserve a pat on the back, all of them.  Perhaps I should write to Head Office and say so.

It was an interesting atmosphere inside the shop; very wartime in patience (except for me, obviously LOL), almost party'ish in a way.  Definitely this weather has brought out the nice side of many people, particularly young people, who have been helping push cars and dig people out.  I am sure there are many other unsung incidents.  I suppose if this goes on for too long people might revert to their normal selves, but for the moment, it is nice, and so many people on foot to talk to and smile/wave at instead of us all driving about in our little tin boxes.....

A visit to Asda yesterday resulted in the weekly shop and a side-trip to B&Q resulted in curtain track and pole being acquired.

No comments:

Post a Comment