Wednesday 27 January 2010

Another good evening...

Below are various posts with pics of what some of us have been up to.  It is lovely to see such variety.

Of those I didn't photograph - Lesley, newly returned from New Zealand and looking tanned and serene was unpicking some quilting she had done before she went away.

I was adding to my Petits Bateax collection http://petitsbateaux.canalblog.com/archives/petits_bateaux/index.html.  Jenny was the French lady who inspired a whole load of these.  I keep sewing away off and on and one day I will have a quilt.  If you poke around the archives you will find lots of other inspirational petits bateaux.  She has since gone on lead other quilt making endeavours but I am rather too slow to keep up!

Wilma was making another Dresden Plate.  She uses the technique where you turn the top to get the point.  I found a tutorial - http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/2009/04/easy-dresden-tutorial.html which shows you what it looks like finished.  Wilma wasn't using a machine, though.

Norma and Chris were doing their  triangles.  Chris is putting hers together and Norma has a couple of rows to go before she starts that.  They are all gorgeous.

Linda was hand quilting her dresden plate quilt - it's a big quilt and she is doing really well.

A lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment