Tuesday 19 January 2010

Feltmaking 2010

Well it was nice to get together again.  We talked a lot!  We made a list of what we would like to try making over the next few months and we looked at books, particularly one Janine had brought, which had a few things in it we hope to have a go at.  And I practically forgot I had my camera with me so all I have to show is a pic of the egg cosies Bren made.  Janine made a nice pair but I forgot to take a pic - perhaps she will bring them next week.  Mine are destined to be  fairy hats.I completely forgot to turn them over and only had one layer on one side so they definitely look a bit odd.  Maybe I can make a flower or a bow out of them.

Anyhow, here are Bren's





I like the colours and the twist on top.

Bren tried them on real eggs, as opposed to polystyrene ones and one fitted better than the other.  We did them using a resist - mine buckled in the microwave.  I don't think I was paying attention...

I think perhaps these are something I would use when food becomes more of a ceremony than fuel on the run LOL but you learn from everything you make, anyway, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment