Saturday 26 December 2009

Christmas 2009

Well what an unusual Christmas Day for us.  Only 5 of us here.  I got up early, put the turkey in the oven and went back to bed for a bit.  I don't think I've ever done that before! The lads stayed in bed  until it was present time and then disappeared shortly after, to re-emerge at lunch time. By request I added pigs in blankets and small sausages, cauliflower cheese to the meal.  Far too much turkey; it will go into the freezer or perhaps I will turn it into a curry.  The evening was spent collecting DS4 from his g/f's grandparents house and off we went to visit DS1 and his gorgeous but very tired, partner, who had had visitors all day and then had to put up with us.  We didn't stay too long, though.

So, having visited my father a couple of days ago with GG and DS6, at the care home he is staying in for respite, we spent Boxing Day driving a circuitous route to avoid Hindhead and congested M25 to visit MIL in S London, whose birthday is Boxing Day and she is now 93.  Various other members of the family arrived and it was nice to catch up with new little ones and also all the gossip.  We managed to squeeze into one car.  Tomorrow another visit to my father and hopefully Monday will be quiet - GG and his mum and dad are due back from Devon that day and we have the pleasure of his company for the rest of the working week. And that reminds me, I had better go round and feed the cat......

And to make this somewhat fabric related, because I have not been near a sewing machine, I received a voucher for Fabric Land from DS2 and his partner and some sample packs of wool and a book on spinning from my lovely friend, Bren.  My Christmas present is a spinning wheel - a Babe (plastic, small and very light!) - which I bought from someone on Ravelry  -  https://www.ravelry.com/  introduced by Angie, who is currently hanging onto the wheel for collection hopefully this coming week. Angie runs this place http://www.vintagecraftstuff.co.uk/ and also write this blog periodically - http://recycledlifestyle.wordpress.com/ Dh is off work and will be looking after the GG so I can get a lesson in spinning that is more sober than the last one I recived at Glaramara on a feltmaking course a few years ago!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Caroline, you have certainly been busy with your new blog. It is lovely to see everyone's pictures on here. Must remember to show Mum.

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete