Sunday 20 December 2009

Baby quilt


DSCF8170, originally uploaded by cazh.

In catching up mode, posting whatever I can post while I have time........

This is GG's baby quilt. I originally had the bright idea of using an embroidery stitch along the seams. The sample worked fine but in practice nothing worked well. The stitching either bunched up or spread out; I ran out of blue thread, switched to another and ran out of that. I blame the fleece backing (no wadding), rather than operator error, oh no! Though the biggest error was thinking it would all work perfectly and continuing even when it was patently obvious it wasn't going to happen. I ended up cutting the seams on either side of the embroidery, sewing the top back tgether, replacing the fleece with another and it really doesn't look too bad considering the disaster it was. And a pre-school got the fleecy bits that didn't work.

The best bit is that GG sleeps under it when he is at home- that pleases me the most :)

No comments:

Post a Comment