Friday 8 October 2010

Roosting Robin

All sorts of names for this sort of thing.

  A round robin is where a quilt goes round various people in turn who add something to it and pass it on.  It can be as easy or complicated as you like.  Usually several people participate so that each ends up with a quilt.  Sometimes people get worried about spoiling someone else's work, or they think that their work isn't up to scratch.There is an alternative.

It's called the Roosting Robin or Nesting Robin and our merry band - well some of us! - have embarked on one of these.  Not everyone has the time so you can draw rather than sew, if you wish, but you learn more from sewing I think.  That is to say you learn how to fudge - well, I do....

Anyhow, first came the centre - any size, any technique, any colours. (This is why I was so annoyed about my deleted photos as that's where some of them have gone :(  ).  The first border is due next week and it is to incorporate rectangles.  Sorry to say I haven't even begun my first border - hopefully tomorrow sometime. I did make the centre but when I pinned it out, it didn't look as good as it did in black and white, so I made a few alterations.  Unfortunately a busy weekend looms, though I shall enjoy it, but it doesnt leave me much time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment