Sunday 31 October 2010

Breakaways in October

Bad blogger - been a bit busy with half-term activities and babysitting.  Anyhow below are the pics from some of our  October meetings, which I trust you will enjoy.....

Linda's new roosting robin centre and first round



This one is Shelia's middle and first round

Norma's centre

Nothing to do with roosting robins - Libby is handquilting some triangles.  Those colours look fabulous together and the quilting isn't bad either.......:)


Jane had another picture, incorporating found feathers

Sarah finished her little quilt - I have a better picture of her but the quilt is washed out so have opted to show the quilt.  She worked it all out herself, quilting patterns and all and is now getting on with Christmas placemats...

Unfortunately my camera batteries died so I don't have any more pics to show - typical as Lesley had brought her roosting robin along this week.  Others had brought theirs, too so I am annoyed with myself that I hadn't checked my batteries.....

The Breakaways were 1 last Wednesday, according to Chris, who does the money, so I found a pattern here  Fabulous Phat Fats and members chose a fat quarter for their stash (Chris's idea and much better than cake!).  Those who missed out will have another chance this week.

A whole year of stitching most weeks, watching our novices come a very long way and others pushing themselves to do things they might not otherwise have thought of.  And such a very nice bunch of ladies, especially for putting up with a sometimes short-tempered and crabby me. Something I really look forward to going out to each Wednesday evening.  Care to come and join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment