Sunday 31 October 2010

Books

I've done very little reading this half-term; a paragraph here and there when I get into bed.  Though I had my little grandson to stay last night and when he woke up I picked up The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I borrowed it from Purbrook Park School's library, mainly out of curiosity. I enjoyed it, actually and I can certainly see why it's so popular.  Perhaps I'll be able to borrow the next one.....

The other book I have read  is Jostein Gaarder's Through a Glass, Darkly which I also enjoyed, though it is a sad book but gave me lots to think about.

Tried to watch the film 'Goodnight Mr Tom'; unfortunately the school copy has now worn out, so didn't get to see most of it.  I have to say I preferred the book to the film, but many children prefer the film to the book, which is quite a hefty tome.

Also read Confessions of a Fairytale Villain - Cinderella's not so ugly Sister by Claire Pyatt which was most amusing - can see why the girls like it, though a few boys have borrowed it, probably out of curiosity

I need to find something junior-ish in my boxes to talk about next week so will have a rummage...

No comments:

Post a Comment