Friday 8 October 2010

Breakaways October - some pics

Well I would like to say that I have some photos to post but some kind soul has borrowed my camera and deleted the lot - accidentally I am sure, but I am rather cross all the same.  Well that's not quite true, I do have a few pictures but not the ones I was hoping to show - more about those later....





The first two are Lesley and her quilt as you go blocks, front and back - looking good, don't you think?

The other two are Jane's daisies - needleturned applique and Jane (left) and Sheila holding it up.  These are great, good to use up scraps, and Jane will be teaching how to make these at a craft day in Denmead either this weekend or next.  The background fabric isn't quilting fabric, but it is perfect for the flowers!












All of the above are Lesley's - her black and white quilt and various details of some of her blocks, which I hope you can see.  Lesley is a prolific quilter and experiments with all sorts of things.  I particularly like her corner treatment (red squares) with machine embroidery .  Tweet also belongs to Lesley.  He flew over from New Zealand and is perched in his favourite place.  Tweet was made by Lesley's daughter, Claire.  He's a sweetie, and so is she :) .


Sarah made this little quilt - she pieced the quilt first and then decided what to do in the middle.  Very brave of her and good patterns, such a lot of movement to go with the pinwheels.

I do hope this post publishes correctly.  Kim is having trouble reading my last post, but in my browser it reads fine.  Not quite sure what is going on there....

No comments:

Post a Comment