Tuesday 2 March 2010

Breakaways 24th February

Sorry for very late posting as another meeting is almost upon us.  Time is flying by and in very short supply , for my part.

 

Chris's Pyramids are growing first off, Chris’s pyramids are growing and looking miles better than they do in this pic – something to do with the colour in my camera I think.

Norma& her pyramids Norma’s pyramids are also coming along nicely.  Her colour scheme is less controlled than Chris’s but I really would not be able to make up my mind which I prefer – I am always open to bribery of course, especially if it involves wine or chocolate…….

Jane's latest Jane’s latest picture on her new machine.  I saw a pebbly beach, with groynes and dried sea foam etc but most others saw viaducts and bridges etc.  Anyway, I do like the pic and the buyer can make up his or her own mind.  I’ve just had a sewing machine serviced or it might have been me.

Lesley's pincushion needs stuffing Lesley’s pincushion is done except for the stuffing.  It is so weeny, but very nice :)

Libby's disappearing 9 patch Libby’s disappearing 9-patch which she brought along for someone to have a look at.  She brought her Stars quilt along to quilt by hand Libby handquilting her stars  and also all the blocks (which I missed seeing the week I was away) she has been doing with Patricia McLaughlin:- Libby - 1 Libby 2Libby 3 Libby 4Striking log cabin block  this log cabin is Lesley’s and the next is a sneaky pic of the block Pauline was makingPauline's blocks

To finish off - and I expect Lesley’s daughter in NZ has been impatiently waiting for this – Lesley’s Stars quilt :-Lesley's stars Lesley's stars - middle (middle section) Lesley's stars - border w piping (border with piping)Lesley's stars corners (corner treatment)Lesleys' quilting on the back and the quilting pattern as seen on the back.

 

As for myself, I am still putting half square triangles together and have a few more rows to do.  Then I’ll be able to see whether they will fit together and whether the pattern is correct……

No comments:

Post a Comment