Monday 31 May 2010

Take A Stitch Tuesday and The Contemporary Quilt Group

Sharon Boggon used to have a different site and one year she set a series of monthly challenges using a theme and colours.  You could use either or both.  I generally chose to use both and used them as the prompts for my Contemporary Quilt Group Journal Quilt Challenge.  Unfortunately I had a really, really busy year, full of unexpecteds and was unable to complete the challenge, though I did complete the quilts not long afterwards.  The Group is part of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles - I think it might be one of the largest sections in terms of membership.  Members produce amazing work and the link to the CQ section of the QGBI is here Contemporary Quilt Group .



This link will take you to something very interesting, if you like embroidery, though.  Sharon did Take a Stitch Tuesday a few years ago and I always meant to do some stitches but never got round to it.  Interesting to see what people made of these stitches though.  She is doing another TAST this year and I am still too busy to participate - TAST 2010 - but shall enjoy having a peek occasionally.  Have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment