Monday 31 May 2010

Breakaways 26th May 2010

I was only able to be around for a very short time on the 26th, owing to my dil being in hospital at short notice (baby OK, thank goodness).  Did get a few pictures though, and here they are!



Norma on the left and Jane on the right. This is Jane's gorgeous Dresden Plate quilt, hand quilted and hand and machine pieced. Mmmmmmmmmm







Bit closer....

Quilting pattern showing on the back













Sheila is a new member and this is her first quilt. A very restful quilt, I think, and the colours are nicely balanced.  I really ought to have a go at this pattern but in the meantime I will just admire Sheila's!














Another view - Sheila did this on her own.  She then came with us to the Malvern Show and I am sure you can guess the rest...............






And Jane whipped this together from a panel bought at Malvern.  Nice, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jane's quilt is amazing, but aren't they all!! I'm sorry I wasn't there to see it in all its glory. Still - plenty more Dresden Plates on the way..............

    ReplyDelete