Thursday 11 February 2010

Wednesday with the Breakaways

A report from Chris J as sadly I was unable to get to the meeting this week – I did miss you all!

 

Jane was doing Dresden plates.   She bought a lovely new picture she has made. We all decided it was an angel.


Lesley layered up her black and white quilt which looked lovely.  She also bought along her star quilt to finish the binding.


Libby brought her fantastic blocks from her course with Patricia.


Norma has 1½ rows of triangles to finish.


Linda is sewing triangles and has the book on order – they must be making a fortune with those books, I think most of us have a copy by now LOL.  The book is :-

Quick and Easy Scrap Quilts edited by  Patricia Wilens.  Perhaps there is no fortune to be made, after all, having just seen the most recent prices, but it is a book worth having if you like scrappy quilts.


Christine is making a cot quilt in shades of turquoise and white.  She cut out the pieces (we offered some hints and tips)  and she sewed a couple together.


Pauline is making up the fabric she bought from the Maltings,  which looked good. 

Wilma was doing her Dresden Plates.

ChrisJ sewed row 8 of her triangles together.

 

A note about comments – to comment you can join Blogger or Google and get an account.  It’s free; you don’t have to do anything else and for years I just used it to comment on other peoples’ posts.  All comments are moderated; that is I get to see them first before they are put up and that is simply because some twerps out there cause problems and can comment to the point of swamping; I haven’t got time so it’s easier for me to moderate rather than clean up the mess afterwards, should I be so lucky.  Anyone having problems, please email me and I will do my somewhat limited best to sort it out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I wasn't there either - looks like we missed lots of activity. Hopefully see you next week and as it is half term I can come for the whole evening :-) I don't have seem to have problem commenting, but I do seem to be following you twice!!

    ReplyDelete